A listing of free meals offered in and around the KC Metro area every day of the week.
750 Paseo, Kansas City, MO 64106
Phone: (816) 472-0744
Click on the link above for a weekly schedule of community meals in the area
Harvesters has an Agency Locator to help you find the nearest Harvesters member food pantry
Apply for a long term meal plan through Harvester’s SNAP Outreach Team
Get in contact with SNAP via 877.653.9522 or emailing SNAP@harvesters.org
Harvesters is located at 3801 Topping Avenue Kansas City, MO 64129
Contact them at 816-929-3000
Foodchain – The National Food Rescue Network
912 Baltimore KCMO 64105
Call 1-800-845-3008 for hours
7217 Troost Ave. KCMO 64131
Call 816-523-1115 for hours
Hope Faith Ministries
705 Virginia Ave. KCMO 64106
Call 816-471-4673 for hours
Rightway Food Pantry
4930 E. 39th St. KCMO 64128
Call 816-382-1217 for hours
704 NE Shady Ln Dr, Kansas City, MO 64118
▪ They provide services in both Spanish and English.
▪ To qualifiy for services you must live south of 119th Street and sign the MAAC Link
▪ Their Food Pantry Hours are: Monday-Friday: 8:30-4
▪ They also provide Family Stabilization services to assist individuals and families with immediate needs and Family Strengthening programs to provide support and education for families, and health services.
▪ They are located at 9720 West 87th Street, Overland Park, KS 66212
▪ Contact them at 913.433.2100
▪ They provide services in both Spanish and English
▪ Their Food Pantry Hours are as follows: Monday-Friday: 1-5
▪ They are located at 520 S. Harrison Olathe, KS 66061
▪ Contact them at 913.764.1353
▪ The Clothing Closet offers all types of clothing for infants, children and adults. Uniforms and small household items are also available periodically. Everything is FREE!
▪ Hours: Wednesday from 5:00 to 7:30 pm and Saturday 9:00 am to 11:00 am. The Clothing Closet is located on the east side of the building on the lower level of the Center of Grace, 520 S. Harrison in Olathe.
▪ If you have questions, you may contact Lorene Damewood at (913) 764-1353, ext. 314.
▪ Grace provides a meal and fellowship time Wednesdays & Thursdays from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at the Center of Grace, 520 S. Harrison in Olathe. Anyone is welcome to come and there is no charge for the meal.
Community Health Screenings
▪ FREE health screenings of blood pressure, blood sugar, and weight to uninsured and underinsured members of our community. Referals for further assistance are made as needed. The screenings take place on Wednesday from 5:00 to 6:00 pm at the Center of Grace, 520 S. Harrison-Olathe. For more information contact Pastor Sylvia Romero at 913-764-1353, ext. 303.
English Second Language Classes
▪ This program is partnered with Johnson County Community College to provide English classes for individuals wishing to learn the language.
▪ Classes are held Monday – Thursday in two sessions, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm and 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
▪ For more information on class start dates, contact Mary Kay Eiserer at (913) 764-1353, ext. 310.
Migrant Even Start
▪ This program is a partnership with Johnson County Community College and the Olathe School District. It works with migrant families with children, ages birth to 7, with services including English Second Language, Adult Basic Education, Parenting classes, pre-school activities, home visitis, and after-school tutoring.
▪ For more information, contact Susan McCabe at (913) 764-1353, ext. 315.
Step Up, Community Learning Center
▪ This program is a partnership with Southeast Kansas Education Service Center/Greenbush and the Olathe School District.
▪ It provides opportunities for adults over age 18 to earn their high school diploma.
▪ For more information, contact Suzy Reuber, Linda Paul, Clint Jackson or Jacque Doty at (913) 254-0482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pathway to Hope
▪ Pathway to Hope encourages, educates and empowers families with individuals living with mental illness.
▪ For more information, contact Sharon Lawrenz at (913) 397-8552 or email@example.com
▪ Main Street USA
▪ Main Street USA educates elementary students in hands on cultural, historical, and georgraphical learning.
▪ For more information or to schedule a visit, contact Don or Cheryl Everhart at (913) 764-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ To qualify for their services you must be an Olathe resident: (Bring a photo ID, proof of Olathe residency & signed MAAC Link release.), or attend College Church of Nazarene, or be referred by a member of the Church
▪ Their Food Pantry is open by appointment only during the hours of Monday 4-5, Wednesday 5-7, and Thursday 5-6. Call their office at 913-489-6262 to schedule an appointment.
▪ They are located at 2020 E. Sheridan Olathe, KS
▪ Contact them at 913.764.4575
The Micah Ministry is the urban, ecumenical outreach mission of Independence Boulevard Christian Church in the historic Northeast area of Kansas City, Missouri.
Urban Pastoral Counseling
▪ Every Monday evening, for three hours each time, specially trained suburban-based clergy from 7 denominations donate their time to staff a free, urban core ministry of compassionate presence and pastoral support to disadvantaged neighbors of their church.
Alcoholics Anonymous combined with Al-Anon
▪ They have a combined AA/Al-Anon group that also meets during Micah time.
Supper Ministry “Robert’s Cafe” & Clothing Pantry
▪ Monday evenings from 5:30-7:00 pm, free, nourishing suppers are provided to our neighbors in the church’s capacious Fellowship Hall.
▪ They maintain two well-stocked clothing pantries that are open most Monday evenings. Clothing is dispensed as our guests eat at the table without appointments.
▪ They are located at 606 Gladstone Boulevard, Kansas City, Missouri 64124
▪ Contact them at 816.231.0016
▪ They offer services in both Spanish and English
▪ Hours: Fridays: by appointment: 12:30 pm; walk-ups: 1:30 pm
▪ Note: The name on the outside of building is Via de Esperanza.
▪ They are located at Fellowship Baptist Church 1325 S. Ridgeview Road Olathe, KS 66062
▪ Contact Michele Caldwell and Cristina Bocanegra at 913-563-2574
The Food Pantry receives referrals from local social service agencies and word of mouth. Clients may come to the Food Pantry up to six times per year.
▪ To qualify for their services you must be an Olathe Resident (bring identification to verify your residency)
▪ Their Food Pantry Hours are: Monday-Friday: 9am-noon
▪ Their services include: Prepared sacks of grocery staples provided based on the number of people in the family, (approximately $20 worth of groceries for a family of 4), and the client may gather items such as breads, cakes, and perishables as they are available. Additionally, each family receives a booklet explaining the Gospel.
▪ They are located at 621 S Lee Ave Olathe, KS
▪ Contact them at 913.782.0140
Beacon of Hope
▪ Beacon of Hope is a noonday soup kitchen located at the Bellefontaine Corps Community Center, 9th & Bellefontaine.
▪ They are located at 3013-19 E. 9th Street Kansas City, MO 64124
▪ Contact them at 816.483.8484
Honk ‘n Holler
▪ Honk’n Holler is an outreach program that travels throughout the community, every week, to areas where homeless people are known to be living, bringing: soup, sandwiches and coffee, as well as, blankets, warm clothing and other necessities. The goal is to build a rapport with the homeless community and ultimately connect them with mainstream services that will help move them toward permanent or supportive housing and/or other services needed.
▪ Contact them at 816.471.4337
Blue Valley’s Community Dinner
▪ Each Monday evening, from 4:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m., a community dinner is served to families from around the neighborhood. Fellowship is provided as well.
▪ They are located at 6618 E. Truman Rd. Kansas City, MO 64126
▪ Contact them at 816.241.6485
Second Harvest serves the communities in Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas to end hunger in the area.
Their programs include:
▪ Harvest House: On-site food pantry that gives families access to dairy products and fresh produce. (Hours: M:11-2; T: 3-6, W: 2-5, R: 3-6; F: 9-12)
▪ Kid’s Café: This is the same program that is done through Harvesters as it is a
▪ national initiative. Here, it is located at the Bartlett Center in St. Joseph and serves up to 25 children that have been identified as not receiving dinner at home.
▪ Backpack Buddies: Children are sent home with a backpack full of food on the weekend. It operates in over 50 schools and after-school programs. It operates 36 weeks of the school year and extended breaks with four rotating menus. The program is available at the following schools:
▪ Atchison Elementary School
▪ Hiawatha Elementary School
▪ Kickapoo Nation School
▪ Kickapoo Head Start
▪ Horton USD 430
▪ Doniphan West Primary School
▪ Doniphan West Elementary School
▪ Leavenworth County
▪ Lansing Education Association
▪ Leavenworth Clergy Association
▪ Leavenworth School District
▪ Basehor Linwood Assistance Center
▪ Andrew County Ministries
▪ Fairfax United Methodist Church
▪ St. Joseph School District
▪ Mid-Buchanan School District
▪ United Way of Greater St. Joseph’s HELP Fund
▪ Rushville Christian Church
▪ Plattsburg Food Pantry
▪ Maysville R-1
▪ Osborn School
▪ Community Food Pantry
▪ Harrison County Food Pantry
▪ Life Center Food Pantry
▪ Grand River Area YMCA
▪ Community Services, Inc.
▪ Maryville Ministry Center
▪ Community Services of Worth County
Close the Gap: This program was created to provide better access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in partnership with Missouri Promoting Food Security Program.
▪ For this program, contact: Deb Ramey, Food Security Coordinator at 816.344.2808 or email email@example.com
No Hunger Summer: From June 18- August 15 from 11:30 am to 1:00pm the food bank will be providing free meals at both the Bode Sports Complex: 2500 Southwest Parkway and Woodson Chapel: 2525 St. Joseph Avenue. This is free for children and 2 dollars for adults.
▪ They are located at 915 Douglas St. St. Joseph, MO 64505
▪ Contact them at 816.364.3663
The Westside Church has an Emergency Food Pantry which is open: Monday-Friday 9-5. They als have a service called the Angel Food Program: A $30, 1-unit food order that assists in feeding a family of 4 for about 1 week or a single senior citizen for almost a month. Food is the same high quality purchased at a grocery store with no seconds or outdated items, with both frozen and fresh items for more than a $50 retail value. Food stamps are accepted.
-They are located at 1700 W. Santa Fe 1700 Olathe, KS 66061 -Contact them at 913.764.1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org